Sunday, July 3, 2016

I'm Never Without... China Edition

Lately I've posted mostly photos of my travels, but little of my daily life in China. I'm packing up to leave on summer holiday, so I wanted to leave you with 31 days of posts that paint a picture of what it's like to live in China and what my current life is like. If you want to join in the sharing I'd love it if you would place a link in the comments back to your post. I hope you enjoy and have a great summer!

I mentioned this yesterday, but something I never leave home without is what I call my bathroom bag. 



Everything is filthy, you just become accustomed to it. Even my Chinese friends are well aware of the dirt, but for some reason nothing is ever done about it. Bathrooms don't typically provide toilet paper, soap or hand towels. So it's essential to carry these items with you if you don't want to go without. A little more info on the bathroom situation: It's rare to find a western style toilet out in public unless you're in an establishment owned by a westerner. Hotels will generally have western toilets in the rooms, but not always in the common areas. I've shopped in many western style shopping centers and been surprised that they still provide the squat toilets. The exception would be Beijing or Shanghai. Most of the shopping malls I've visited in those cities offer western toilets and amenities.  


What's one thing you never leave home without?





No comments:

Post a Comment