Sunday, April 6, 2014

What Would You Choose To Do With Your Life If You Could Do Anything?

A friend once asked me what I would choose to do with my life if I could do anything (and I'm adding without the fear of failure or financial worry). This is an easy question for me to answer and I hope I am on my way to achieving at least some version of it, someday.  

Statue of William Tecumseh Sherman at the entrance to Central Park in NYC


My dream is to travel the world and to experience other cultures and history through food, photography and writing. 

I would love to financially support my lifestyle by contributing articles to publications as a freelance writer, selling photographs, teaching courses or seminars, and even giving a lecture series or presentations. In addition to working (for income), traveling at leisure and enjoying the spontaneity of life as a nomad, I would also dedicate some of my time to philanthropic causes. Nearest and dearest to my heart are causes that support women and children and promote their well-being, education and lively hood. I believe that everyone has something to give back to society whether it is time or money or something else altogether.

I would love the freedom of being my own boss, taking any assignments that come my way and following my true bliss. This might mean living in one place for six months or a year or even as little as a few days to a week. I would love the opportunity to experience so many different places and then return to the ones that truly captivate me. I would hope to accomplish all of this by documenting my experiences and sharing them with the world to inspire others and to help people achieve their own dreams. 
  
So tell me, What's your dream?


I was inspired to write this after reading Latitude Adjustment's post, Question of the Day: Dream Job. Be sure to stop by and check it out. 

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like we share the same dreams!! To travel, write and photograph :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. this sounds lovely! we have quite similar dreams ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad to hear there are other like minds! Thanks for the comment!

      Delete
  3. I am so with you on this!! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! What a great opportunity that would be! :)

      Delete