Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Travel Tuesday: Cliffs of Moher

I visited Ireland in September 2009. The one site I was most looking forward to visiting was the Cliffs of Moher. I had heard about how beautiful they were and I had seen photographs of them before so I couldn't wait to check them out for myself. I can say that the cliffs are just as beautiful in person as they are depicted here.

We arrived in Dublin, rented a car and drove straight to Kilkenny for our first night in Ireland. The next morning we drove over to Doolin on the opposite coast. Ireland is relatively small and it only took a couple hours to drive from the east coast to the west coast. We stayed at a lovely bed & breakfast in Doolin which is a ten minute drive from the cliffs.

I definitely recommend a stop at the Cliffs of Moher if you're ever in Ireland!













What is your favorite site in Ireland?


Travel Tuesday


3 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures...love the one of the castle on the cliff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everytime I see pictures of the Cliffs of Moher, I am so wowed! The looks absolutely breathtaking! I have never been to Ireland, but since I love both England and Scotland, it's not a stretch to think that I would love it there as well! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was breathtaking to experience in person! I bet you'd love it, but I've never been to England or Scotland. So I guess I'll have to visit both just so I can say for sure. :)

      Delete