Thursday, February 26, 2015

January 2015 On Instagram

On my list of 101 Goals in 1001 Days, I want to share more of my life through photographs on Instagram. I challenged myself to post at least once a day for a month. While I was on vacation during the month of January and February I snapped a lot of photos. So sharing on social media sites was easy. Although this post is a bit late as we're rounding out the month of February, here is a look at my month on Instagram in January.


I started out my month traveling by train to Xi'an to visit the Terracotta Warriors and explore the rest of this ancient city. Then it was on to Chengdu for a few days to see the Giant Panda Sanctuary and eat some world famous Sichuan food.


From Chengdu I flew to Cambodia for two glorious weeks. I feel in love with the country from the moment I arrived and I know I will be back soon! I spent the first part of my time in Siem Reap exploring the countryside, visiting ancient temples and eating plenty of delicious food.


Then it was on to Phnom Penh for a few days. I took a short 45 minute flight and arrived at the very small open air terminal. Phnom Penh has a much different vibe than Siem Reap, but I enjoyed a few relaxing days in the city. I took a sunset cruise along the Mekong River, learned the traditional Khmere cuisine at a local cooking class, visited the silk islands, and shopped at the local non-profit boutiques. I even took in some of the city history with a visit to the killing fields, Royal Palace and National Museum.


I was really excited to return to Siem Reap for the remainder of my stay in Cambodia. I didn't really have any set plans, but my last few days were filled with plenty of new experiences. I drank plenty of mango shakes, visited the military museum, relaxed in a hammock at the reservoir, watched the sunrise at Angkor Wat, toured the floating village by boat, returned to the ancient temples and dined with a friend in his small village.

As I sort through thousands of photos, I will continue posting about my experiences during this extended vacation. In the mean time, you can follow me along on Instagram to see what I'm up to currently or catch up on some of my trip posts here:

China:


Cambodia:

1 comment: