Monday, February 9, 2015

Through The Lens: January 2015

I've wanted to focus on taking more photos to document my every day life rather than just record the amazing note worthy moments. I think part of this comes from the clock winding down on my first year in China. I'm not sure yet whether I will stay another year or not yet, so I want to take time to record my everyday life here. Because soon, all of this could just be a memory.


So when I learned of the Through The Lens link up that is hosted by Treats and Travels and All That Glitters I thought it would be a great way to showcase my monthly adventures as well as day to day activities. Here's a glimpse of what I did in January.       


1. Arriving in Xi'an, I spent an afternoon walking along the Xi'an Old City Wall. Preparations are under way for the Spring Festival Celebration on February 19th. From what I've seen so far, it looks like the display will be amazing. I wish I could see the finished product!

2. Visiting the Terracotta Warriors has been a wish of mine for a long time. I'm so glad to have experienced it! You can read about it here.

3. Another dream was to visit the Giant Pandas in Chengdu. It was so much fun watching them! You can read about it here.   

4. Sichuan province is known for its spicy cuisine and hotpot. I loved it and can't wait to go back for more. 

5. Cambodia has been on my list for awhile. I am so fortunate flights from China are cheap and that I had plenty of vacation time to enjoy. This is from my first day, walking along pub street finding a place to eat for lunch. 

6. Driving a motorbike in the countryside of Cambodia was an amazing experience! I loved getting out of the city for awhile to learn how many of the local people live. You can read about it here.

7. Walking amongst the ruins of Angkor was wonderful! I love history and I'm always amazed to learn about ancient cultures. This is from my first site, Angkor Wat. 

8. I have mixed feelings about my visit in Phnom Penh. The city is full of people and has a much different vibe than Siem Reap. This is from my first afternoon in the city walking to the Mekong River and the tourist strip in front of the Royal Palace. 

9. Back in Siem Reap for my final days in Cambodia, I spent an afternoon at the reservoir relaxing in a hammock to beat the heat.   

What did January look like for you? 

All That's Glittered

2 comments:

  1. Your trip looks like it has been AMAZING. You seriously live the coolest life. Thanks for linking up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kristen! I'll be sure to also post about the not so glamorous parts! :)

      Delete