Monday, February 16, 2015

Chanrey Tree

On my last day in Siem Reap, Cambodia I had lunch at the Chanrey Tree. It was recommended to me by a local who said the flavors tasted just like traditional Khmere cuisine. Reservations are recommended as it is quite popular, especially for dinner. 

This is the reception area of the restaurant. There is outdoor seating available out front in addition to seating upstairs in an air-conditioned room. The prices are a little higher for Khmere food than you will find in town, but the atmosphere, service and food presentation are far superior. The restaurant is located along the river, a few minutes walk from the pub street area and old market.  

      






I dined upstairs in the air conditioned room. I ordered two of my favorites: a mango shake and fried fresh chicken spring rolls. Plus I tried the seafood with fresh (local) kampot pepper that was served with steamed rice. Everything was delicious and the service was excellent. They do add a 15% service charge to bill, which is only notable because tipping is not as common in Cambodia. 

I had a great meal at Chanrey Tree and I'll be back again next time I'm in Siem Reap. 

 



Do you like tasting the local cuisine when you travel?



No comments:

Post a Comment