Tuesday, January 27, 2015

Ta Keo

Ta Keo was built prior to Angkor Wat but it was never finished. Angkor Wat has the same structue as Ta Keo with the three platforms, four peaks at the corners of the second tier with a fifth peak rising from the center on the third tier. The temple is made of sandstone and has very few carvings compared to some of the others. 




Ancient Sanskrit Carving




Tourists can climb all the way to the top of the center tower but it's very steep and the steps are huge! I of course went all the way to the top, dress and all. My guide, aka my personal photographer, documented it all for me. I didn't even realize he was taking my photo until two days later when I was going through the photos on my computer. Going up is easy, coming back down is the tricky part.      





What's your take on hiring a tour guide? Do you like to go it alone or pay for the added info?

No comments:

Post a Comment