Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Travel Tuesday: Ostia Antica

Rome is such an amazing place to visit! I was only there for a few days so I definitely didn't get to see everything I hoped for in that one trip. 

While we were in Rome in September 2009, we took a half day trip to Ostia Antica. The area is now in ruins but was once a thriving port city. It is only a 30 minute train ride away from Rome and not to be missed!

There was so much to see at Ostia Antica that I could have spent the entire day wandering among the ruins. You can also visit the small museum, although we missed it because we spent all of our time exploring outside.

I recommend taking the train ride out to explore Ostia Antica next time you are in Rome.


















What is your favorite travel adventure?





traveltuesday


No comments:

Post a Comment