Saturday, November 23, 2013

Japan




Today I'm joining Kenzie from Chasing Happy on The Thankful Project.


One of the many things I am thankful for having seen is Japan. In 2006 I had the opportunity to visit Japan for two weeks with my older sister. On that trip we visited Nagasaki, Nara, Kyoto, Fukuoka, and Beppu. For me it was a trip of a lifetime. It was the first time I had visited a completely different culture with a completely different language. Instead of feeling overwhelmed by the difference, I felt energized and excited for what new things I'd discover. It was love at first sight.

I have always had a passion for history so seeing buildings that have been in use for centuries was amazing. At the end of the trip I didn't want to leave and I knew right then that experiencing other cultures was something I wanted to do for the rest of my life. I jump at any opportunity to explore the many wonders of this world.    
   
Kinkaku-ji, Kyoto


Peace Fountain, Nagasaki Peace Park

Atomic Bomb Site, Nagasaki



Spectacles Bridge, Nagasaki

Ryoan-ji, Kyoto

Kiyomizu-dera, Kyoto
Todai-ji, Nara

Deer Park, Nara

Yakushi-ji, Nara


 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment