Wednesday, June 29, 2016

Summer 2016 Bucket List

I'm leaving soon for my summer holiday and I'm looking forward to catching up on some of my favorite things in the USA this summer. I have a ten day trip to Japan ahead of me, and then I'll be visiting a few of my favorite cities in the states. I'll only be back for about a month and I have a lot I want to cover, so I put together this list of things I want to accomplish. Each of these cities I've visited before. I'll be stopping by a few favorites as well as trying something new. If you have any favorites that you think I should check out, please list them in the comments below.



CHICAGO

  1. Art Institute of Chicago ~ View the Renaissance and Impressionism paintings  
  2. Eat a Chicago Dog
  3. Field Museum ~ Terra Cotta Warriors Special Exhibit
  4. Visit Millennium Park ~ Sculptures and Fountains
  5. Eat fresh pasta and shop at Eataly
  6. Shop on Michigan Avenue
  7. Eat Pot Roast Nachos at Ditka's


SOUTHERN WISCONSIN

  1. Hike a new trail
  2. Drink craft beer at one (or several) of the local breweries
  3. Eat fresh cheese curds
  4. Visit the Farmer's Market on the Square
  5. Walk along the lake front in Madison


WASHINGTON DC

  1. National Gallery of Art
  2. Ford's Theatre and the Peterson House
  3. Wander through Georgetown
  4. Take a DC Metro Food Tour
  5. Take a brewery tour
  6. Visit Union Market
  7. Picnic at Meridian Hill Park
  8. Eat sweets at Georgetown Cupcake



NEW YORK CITY

  1. Picnic in Central Park
  2. Eat cupcakes at Magnolia's Bakery
  3. Shop on Fifth Avenue
  4. Visit the Guggenheim Museum
  5. Explore the Metropolitan Museum of Art

What adventures are you planning for this summer?





No comments:

Post a Comment