Thursday, March 6, 2014

Chicago City Sights: Chicago Botanic Garden

One of my favorite spots in the Chicago area to visit is the Chicago Botanic Gardens. Although not located within the city limits of Chicago, the gardens are well worth the visit. Throughout the year the flowers on display are changed out to complement the current season. 

The photos below were taken over previous summer visits to the gardens. Looking out my window today, during the first week of March, seeing several inches of snow leaves me yearning for the beautiful summer days ahead. For now I'll just have to settle for these photos.      

The gardens feature several different water spots including the many fountains, waterfalls and ponds. The Japanese garden and large waterfall across form it are among my favorites.






And of course hundreds of varieties of plants and flowers:




 Have you visited the Chicago Botanic Gardens? What did you love most?

8 comments:

  1. Ooh these pictures are amazing! And while I've never been to the gardens, they definitely make me want to go! So pretty!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! I'm glad you enjoyed them!

      Delete
  2. Those are beautiful photos, that camera was a good investment!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Great investment! And well worth the cost!

      Delete
  3. The Botanical Gardens was one of the locations my sister looked into for holding her wedding reception. She ended up someplace else but It would have been beautiful.
    When my husband and I were dating we used to go for walks there-- I didn't live too far and neither did his parents.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad you enjoyed the gardens! We thought about taking pictures there before our wedding but went to the beach instead. It is still one of my favorite places to take walks, it is so beautiful!

      Delete
  4. I grew up in the Midwest and think about Chicago as cold, snowy, and windy as I tended to always visit in the winter. I always forget Chicago is next to such a large body or water and does get warm sometimes:) Those flowers are lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! The Midwest is very cold and snowy as you say. I am looking forward to the 2-3 sunny months we get here! The warm temps can't come soon enough!

      Delete